Infinity Institute News

Infinity Institute News

Infinity Institute News

Spring Concert! 2024!

Thank You Mr. Singer!

Infinity Institute will be hosting a Spring Concert during the first week of June in 2024 on June 13th! It will be featuring all the members of After School Band, including Sarakshi Vhotkar and I.

The instruments that will be played during the concert are of concert band instruments. Though this article may not be pointing out all of the instruments that are used in after school band generally, it will be showcasing some examples of these concert band instruments.

• Flute
  • Trumpet
  • Clarinet
  • Trombone
  • Saxophone
  • Tuba
  • Several Percussion Instruments
  • Electric Guitar

Band Information:

It’s important to note that if you are planning on staying at Infinity Institute during your high school years and are planning on taking Band as an elective, it is suggested that you participate in the after school band club every Wednesday. You do not need to know how to play an instrument in order to join, you just have to be ready to commit yourself to practicing an instrument and learning as you go on. Many of the high schoolers there will help you out if you have any difficulties that relate to playing the instrument you choose.

Sarakshi plays the flute in after school band, and she’s been playing ever since the fourth grade. If there is a concert band instrument that you play too, it is suggested that you play that instrument at Infinity’s concert band.

On Wednesdays in after school band we typically have mini practice sessions and engaging rehearsals that come with their fair share of critique.

And if you are in high school and in band, you might want to take after school band as well just so that you can have more time to rehearse with your peers and refine a musical composition your working on.

I play the clarinet in band because I had previously briefly learned about the parts of a clarinet specifically also in the fourth grade like Sarakshi, and I thought it could be fun for me to actually learn how to play it.

Musical Pieces:

As the months go on in the school year, the concert band listens to different compositions and get to vote on what compositions they would like to play at certain dates.

The first piece chosen was THE AVENGERS from The Avengers, composed by Alan Silvestri and arranged by Robert Longfield.

The next piece chosen was a two pager piece called Two Shaker Songs. The first piece is called Simple Gifts by Joseph Brackett and arranged by Michael Story. The second piece is titled Pretty Home by Patsy Williamson that is also arranged by Michael Story.

The piece Furioso was also chosen, and mind you that it is very fast paced but it is very rewarding when you finally get it down after practicing for a while.

The next piece titled Remember Me from the Pixar movie COCO was chosen as well, and the words and music were by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez and arranged by Robert Longfield in the rendition that we’re playing.

The final piece as of yet is A Million Dreams from the movie THE GREATEST SHOWMAN. The words and music of the piece are by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, and the rendition we are using is by Paul Murtha.

A Thank You Note:

Infinity’s music teacher, Mr. Singer, runs after school band. It is very important to recognize him for all of the effort he puts into helping Infinity’s students become the best versions of themselves in a friendly and compassionate manner. We truly recognize and thank him for all that he does!

He is always very charismatic, fun and supportive while teaching and the whole 8th grade especially is very glad that we are able to have a music teacher like him.

So thank you Mr. Singer!

Side note: It is a privilege to even get to attend a type of after school band and learn instruments so Infinity acknowledges that and is definitely very grateful to have that as well.