Infinity Institute News

Infinity Institute News

Infinity Institute News

2023 Middle School Spirit Week & Battle of the Grades

Spirit Week Overview: 

For the last week of school before winter break, Infinity Institute allows a free dress down every day that complies with a certain theme. For example, during one of the days in the week the theme was to create a monochrome outfit. A monochrome outfit consists of clothes that are all one color, or different shades of one color.

There are pictures of the people who participated in dressing according to these themes on Infinity Institute’s Kindness E-Wall. Anybody who is a part of the Infinity Institute community is allowed to post on the site, but before they do what they messaged is checked and then officially posted. People post motivational and inspiring quotes and post pictures on the website.

Class rings for our graduating grades this year were also sold to a couple of students, for 8th grade and 12th grade.

Class Rings from Zolnier:

Ring Styles: Large, Small, Petite, Swirl, Heart

Steel Rings – $60

Silver Rings – $75

On each ring you can put up to three initials for free, however if you wanted your first name to be on a ring you’d have to pay an extra five dollars.

Middle School Battle of the Grades 

During the last day of Spirit Week, which is a half day, the middle schoolers of Infinity Institute participate in a competition against other middle schoolers in different grade levels. Each grade level is assigned a specific color that they get to wear and identify by, and each grade level works together as a team to cheer each other on. Before the battle starts, each grade level’s decorating committee designs and puts together a display that represents the grade level’s support for the people who are going to be playing the Battle of the Grades.

Color assigned to each grade level (Middle School):

6 – Green

7 – Yellow

8 – Orange

Color assigned to each grade level (High School):

9 – Red

10 – Pink

11 – Blue

12 – Black

This year Battle of the Grades was hosted on the 21st of December. Mr. Singer, Mr. Humphreys and our gym teachers teamed up and decided to make a video to start off the Battle of the Grades for both middle school and high school. It featured funny sound effects and memes but was also carefully edited. After the video was played, the teachers started running around in the gym as the students (competitors) started cheering them on. We even had someone a mascot this year, who was guided by Nurse Nancy. This mascot was, of course, the phoenix!

The competitors participated in volleyball, basketball, badminton, Hungry, Hungry Hippos, Musical Chairs, Tug-of-War and Hula-Hoop Pass. Additionally, each grade level had to make up a class cheer. Each one of these cheers were about 3 to 7 minutes long. The entire competition itself lasted from 8:45 A.M. until 10:30 A.M. For high school, it lasted from 11:00 A.M to 12:45 p.m.

Contestants per grade level in each game:

(please note that the order in which these games were played is not represented by the order below)

• Volleyball- 6 Students
  • Basketball- 5 Students
  • Badminton- 2 Students
  • Hungry, Hungry, Hippos- 2 Students
  • Musical Chairs- 3 Students
  • Tug-of-War- 5 Students
  • Hula Hoop Pass- 10 Students
  • Class Cheer- Unlimited students
  • Gym decorating committee Unlimited students

After the tournaments had ended, the eighth grade had proven itself to be victorious, winning the middle school battle! It hadn’t won in every category, however.

Also note that the people competing in the Battle of the Grades had to tell their grade advisor what game or games they wanted to participate before the competition had started on their google classroom.

Some middle schoolers got to see the high schoolers participate in the Battle of the Grades, but only for a short amount of time before their classes resumed.

Let’s hope that our school’s pride and cheer stands out for years to come! Keep on slaying!