Infinity Institute News

Infinity Institute News

Infinity Institute News

Infinity Institute’s Week of Respect

In an ever-changing world where kindness, compassion, and respect are vital to creating a harmonious society, Jersey City Public Schools have once again taken a proactive stance against bullying through the annual “Week of Respect.” This year, Infinity Institute, a hub of learning and growth, is set to embark on a journey that will resonate with students, teachers, and the community at large. From October 2nd to October 6th, 2023, Infinity Institute will stand united, fostering respect and eradicating bullying. Let’s delve into the exciting events and activities that will make this week unforgettable.

Day 1: Blue Shirt Day – “World Day of Bullying Prevention”: The week kicks off with a powerful message as Infinity Institute joins the “World Day of Bullying Prevention™,” an initiative of STOMP Out Bullying™. On October 2nd, students and staff will wear blue shirts to show solidarity against bullying. Not only will this foster a sense of community, but the school will also encourage everyone to contribute non-perishable items to be donated to St. Paul’s Food Pantry. This event demonstrates that respect extends beyond interpersonal interactions and includes caring for our broader community.

Day 2: Positive Messages Everywhere October 3rd will see the Infinity Institute community adorned in shirts with positive messages. These uplifting shirts will serve as a reminder to students and staff that kindness and respect are always in style. The school will resonate with positivity, helping to create a nurturing and respectful environment for all.

Day 3: Team up Against Bullying On October 4th, Infinity Institute will embrace diversity and individuality by encouraging students and staff to wear their favorite sports team’s shirts or jerseys. This fun activity is more than just a fashion statement. It’s a way to acknowledge and appreciate the uniqueness of each individual. The shared interests in sports can spark conversations, helping students connect with one another on a personal level.

Day 4: The Six Pillars of Character Infinity Institute has chosen October 5th to emphasize the importance of character development. Each grade will be assigned a specific color to wear, symbolizing one of the six pillars of character: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, and Citizenship. This visually striking event will serve as a reminder of the core values that shape our community.

Day 5: Reflection Response – Respect The “Week of Respect” culminates on October 6th with a day of reflection. Students will be given a writing prompt that encourages them to reflect on their past experiences involving respect. This activity allows students to introspect, learn, and grow, ensuring that respect becomes a fundamental aspect of their lives.

Throughout the week, videos and messages centered around respect and anti-bullying will be shared on Google Classroom. Additionally, the school plans to start each day with songs that revolve around the themes of kindness and respect, setting the tone for positive interactions among students as they enter the building.

Infinity Institute’s “Week of Respect” is not just about raising awareness of the New Jersey Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights; it’s about fostering a culture of kindness, empathy, and respect that extends beyond a single week. It’s a reminder that respect is not just a word; it’s a value, a principle, and a way of life. The events and activities planned for this week will leave a lasting impact, echoing the sentiment that respect is at the heart of a thriving community.

Enjoy these heartwarming group photos from the Week of Respects, showcasing the unity and harmony of our diverse community