Infinity Institute News

Infinity Institute News

Infinity Institute News

8th Grade Graduation Expectations

Middle school is coming to an end for the 2023-2024 eighth graders at Infinity Institute. To make our graduation a more exciting experience as we venture on our individual educational journeys, we will be participating in several activities that have been organized by our Grade 8 student council and Ms. Barfield: our class advisor.

We thank the following teachers throughout our Middle School Years at Infinity, no matter if a present day eighth grader joined Infinity in 2021 for the 6th Grade or 2022 for the 7th Grade:

• English Language Arts -> Ms. Arevalo, Ms. Anquillano
  • Social Studies -> Mr. Humphreys
  • Art -> Ms. Pacheco
  • Math -> Mr. Castillo, Mrs. Vankat
  • Science -> Ms. Wezenter, Dr. Davis
  • Robotics -> Ms. Usman, Ms. Malley
  • Physical Education and Health -> Mr. Mondi
  • General Music -> Mr. Singer

Class Rings:

During the Battle of the Grades back in December, Zolnier partnered up with our school to provide several students class rings! These rings were customizable, and they could made with different materials in different sizes with different designs on them.

Prices ranged from $60-$80.

T-Shirts:

Members of the 8th Grade class were given different graduation T-Shirts that they are allowed to wear every Monday until the school year ends!

Graduation Trip: Fun Plex

At the beginning of the school year, the 8th grade collectively decided on where they wanted to go to for their graduation trip. The graduating class before us got to go to UrbanAir which is a trampoline park, but we thought it would be more fun for majority of the class to go to Fun Plex because of the more opportunities there to actually have fun!

We will be going on this trip on May 29, 2024. It is planned to last from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., though timings may vary.

Senior Luncheon: Space Events

We collectively decided to go to Space Events which is a buffet that includes various activities like bowling. It also includes different party games for the 8th grade class to enjoy!

We will be going to this place on June 12, 2024. It will last from about 10:00 a.m to 1:30 p.m., like the Fun Plex event.

Graduation Ceremony:

A couple of months ago, the class had to take their graduation pictures. Retakes were allowed. We also had to fill out several forms that were about structuring our yearbook the way we wanted it to be structured that related to subjects like the pictures we wanted to include, our quotes, and our childhood pictures.

Our yearbook is Netflix themed!

The graduation ceremony for the 8th grade will be held at Infinity Institute’s auditorium on June 24, 2024 at 9:00 a.m. As of yet we do not know how long it will take.

Grade 8 Graduating Scholars:

-Vivaan Agarwal

-Logan Bergonio

-Isheeta Chandrasekhar

-Raisa Chowdhury

-Arwa Daoud

-Deon Devarapalli

-Abdelrahman Elgammal

-Nourai Fathy

-Steven Fayek

-Adam Gad

-Lauren Gonzalez

-Tomas Herrera

-Yuva Jagupilla

-Salah Merghoub

-Rio Michael Pacit

-Dhruyan Padia

-Aryan Patel

-Pari Patel

-Ashwin Ramkumar

-Harsh Saini

-Kasi Salifu

-Aayush Sinha

-Misheeta Thakral

-Sarakshi Vhotkar

-Vyvy Vu

-Dunja Zivkovic

-Aariz Zoheb

Extra Notes:

This will not have been our only field trip this year. In fact, we’ve already gone to see a play about two friends who have faced oppression after slavery in the United States. We’ve also been to NJIT before.

Keep in mind that we had to pay for all of these events, the tickets to these events were bought for us. And we will be taking a school bus to attend each of these activities.

Many scholars are moving to other schools once accepted to them, the most popular schools being the following:

-McNair High School

-Hudson County Schools of Technology

-High Tech High School

It is so important to cherish the last moments we have with our fellow peers as we grow older and go on new adventures by ourselves and even meet new friends. I hope that we are all able to stay in touch with one another in some way no matter what school we actually go to!